Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A bunch of questions on writing?

Hi, answers.





Many many many questions on a new piece that has come to my mind. I have finally dropped an idea that I stuck with for nearly a year (only temporarily though), and I%26#039;ve decided on writing a simpler, light-hearted story.





The story stars a young, rookie magician (name undecided - we%26#039;ll just call her Emily for now) and her cat (named Poof), on a journey to become skilled and popular. The pair face rejection, bad luck, poor financial condition, backstabbing, and many other unfortunate events.





This is what I need help with:


- Emily%26#039;s actual name. I would prefer something one or two syllables long, and, if you can, a name with a rather magical meaning.


- Story%26#039;s title. I probably didn%26#039;t give you enough to work with, so don%26#039;t worry about answering this one.


- I need more events for the story. I want to get this off the ground as soon as possible, but I%26#039;m at a loss as to the majority of what happens.


- I appreciate any extra things you would like to add.
A bunch of questions on writing?
maybe a name like justice, charity...i don%26#039;t know





uh...something about magic for the title---just like magic---my magical adventure (thats kinda cheesy though)
A bunch of questions on writing?
Amber. Miranda.





Add some more characters! I think that secondary characters are very important. You have to set up your world. You have a lot to develop on your story so figure that out first. I%26#039;m not sure what advice I can give until you figure out more. Where is it? What is the time period? Why is it so important to become skilled and popular? Popular, what do you mean by that? Who will help her? What is the target audience? I hope to give you more help once you answer those. :D Good luck!
Reply:1) i liket he name Stella [like stars kind of], Clover, Alice [not two syllables but sounds really pretty]. you could name her after something, like Rain or Skye and make it so that her magic relates to that


-um, maybe Bad Luck or possibly Disappearing Act or Invisible. that%26#039;s waht cfomes to mind but who knows. i read a book about magicians called The Rope Trick andit was like the most valued trick. maybe you can relate.


- maybe Poof goes missing or has kittens [awww, so cute], or maybe she%26#039;s forced to work for a magic company.


- i hope you add tarot in there. magicians that play tarot are cool.


- I WANT TO READ IT! when you are done email me what it%26#039;s called and your name [author]. :D score, i got a good book to read

No comments:

Post a Comment